By now, most of our customers have fired up their steam boilers for another winter season. Whether your season is seasonal, or year-around operation you rely on consistent operation of this key piece of equipment.* Next summer, most will be preparing these boilers for their annual inspection. What we all want to see is nice, clean boiler internals with a gun-barrel metal surface (no deposits), and protection from pitting (oxygen pitting).
There are a few simple steps to insure you have a successful boiler operating season – with no nasty surprises:
- Make sure your pre-treatment systems is operating properly and always providing good quality water for makeup.
- Keep plenty of oxygen scavenger (typically sulfite) in your boiler – particularly when that boiler is not the lead boiler – and check alkalinity and pH.
- Follow your water treatment professional’s advice on proper chemical levels in the boilers and in the steam distribution system.
- If you haven’t had your boiler tuned up within the last year, get it done now. This will ensure maximum fireside efficiency.
- Make any recommended fixes by the boiler inspector to ensure safe operations.
Follow these simple steps and you’ll maintain maximum efficiency (lowest operating cost), reliable steam production – and NO SURPRISES when you open the boiler for inspection.
*For more information on boiler & steam generation, visit: http://www.aptechgroup.com/systems-treated/boiler/