SaFety & SUSTAINABILITY
AP Tech’s solid chemistry water treatment programs are the stronger choice over liquid chemistry for organizations which have safety and sustainability goals.
Developed and produced using the EPA’s Twelve Principles of Green Chemistry, emphasizing safety, efficiency, and conservation of resources, solid chemistry provides sustainable advantages that make the switch worth it.
- Eliminate the risk of discharging hazardous liquid chemicals into the environment during shipment, storage or application.
- Improve operator safety by reducing exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Remove the risk of injury. Solids are lightweight and easy to carry compared to heavy, awkward-to-carry liquids.
- Eliminate dangerous and offensive odors or fumes.
- Smaller profile blended solid concentrate water treatment products are safe and simple to apply; meaning safer, cleaner mechanical rooms
- A 55-gallon drum, weighing 500 pounds, will consume 2.5 more gallons of diesel fuel per typical shipment than a 44-pound case of solids with the same amount of active ingredients.
- Plastic savings from reduced product container size and fully recyclable containers for solids. Liquids using pails or drums are not recyclable and must be rinsed and disposed of on in landfills.
- Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) savings from reduced power to produce NaOH.
- Water savings associated with rinsing drums.
- Water savings associated with increased cycles of concentration.
- Space savings in mechanical room.
- Eliminates the need for eye wash station installation and maintenance
- Maximize utility efficiencies and equipment life.
- Control corrosion, reduce scale deposits and eliminate microbiological deposits and fouling.
- Water savings from not needing to triple rinse drums and from increased cycles of concentration.
- Reduces costs from health issues due to chemical exposure and drum handling injuries.
Let us know how we can help connect you to solutions for water. Contact us today!